THE NATURAL HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING GARLIC
Garlic has been talked about for over 5,000 throughout all civilizations as being able to help and cure sicknesses and diseases. We now know that garlic contains many different compounds but a special compound that is has is called Allicin. This Allicin becomes an active compound when the garlic is crushed or cut before eating it. It also helps to leave it sit for awhile before cooking if you are not eating it raw
Garlic also has small amounts of other vitamins and minerals such as Manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Selenium, Fiber, and small amounts of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and B1.
- Garlic can strengthen your immune system with its vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. If struggling with high blood pressure, eating just a few cloves of raw garlic a day will reduce your high blood pressure as well as lowering the total and LDL cholesterol.
- Garlic studies has shown it is able to reduce the heavy metal toxicity in blood and can also support the body by increasing antioxidant enzymes and reducing oxidative stress.
- There are benefits for women’s bone health by eating garlic as well.
- Garlic has been seen as reducing the risks of many different cancers as it boosts production of hydrogen sulfide which can cause reduction of prostrate, breasts, intestinal, esophageal, stomach, colon, and pancreas.
- Garlic is able to help fight inflammation such as arthritis among others with two of its sulfur compounds diallyl sulfide (DAS) and thiacremonone.
Here is a link to a great page that will answer all of your allicin questions.